Internship Summer 2023: Sustainability Podcast

1 view

Ashley Colby

May 16, 2023, 9:59:31 AM5/16/23
to SCORAI Group, ENVI...@listserv.neu.edu, Doomer Optimism

Hi All,

Please share widely. This internship would be a great opportunity for students interested in the intersection of sustainability and popular communication.

All best,

Ashley

SUMMER INTERNSHIP

Sustainability Podcast

Doomer Optimism

OVERVIEW

The Doomer Optimism podcast is a weekly podcast that explores the intersection of pessimism and optimism. The hosts talk to a variety of guests about the challenges we face as a society and the potential solutions that lie ahead. The podcast is a thought-provoking and engaging listen that will challenge you to think about the world in new ways.

The podcast is named after the term "doomer," which is used to describe someone who is pessimistic about the future. The hosts believe that it is important to be aware of the challenges we face, but they also believe that it is possible to be optimistic about the future. They argue that we need to find a balance between pessimism and optimism in order to create a better world.

The podcast covers a wide range of topics, including climate change, social justice, and technology. The hosts have interviewed a variety of guests, including scientists, activists, and artists. The podcast has been praised for its thoughtful and engaging conversations.

The Doomer Optimism podcast is a valuable resource for anyone who wants to think critically about the world and to find hope in the face of challenges. The podcast is a reminder that we can create a better future if we work together.

Notable guests have included: Kate Raworth, Richard Heinberg, Dougald Hine, Ilan Kelman, John Michael Greer, Vandana Shiva, David Holmgren and Bill Rees.

INTERNSHIP

The Doomer Optimism podcast is looking for a remote intern for Summer 2023, with the possibility of renewal. You will be working directly with both hosts on all aspects of the podcast, but especially audio and video post production. You may also work in research, recruiting, description writing and more. Interns will leave the internship with a full understanding and experience of running a successful podcast, from recruiting, scheduling, recording to editing.

REQUIREMENTS

  1. Some experience with audio and video post production and editing required

  2. Some interest or background in sustainability a plus

  3. We can offer college credit in conjunction with your university

DETAILS

Start date: ASAP, no later than June 1, 2023

End date: flexible, through Summer 2023 with the possibility to continue

APPLICATION

Please send a resume and cover letter to:

 doomero...@gmail.com

Application deadline: May 30, 2023

Ashley Colby

PhD, Environmental Sociology

Co-founder Rizoma Field School

My book: Subsistence Agriculture in the US

Twitter @RizomaSchool

See my most recent writing here

Podcast internship.pdf