Fwd: Two year post doc in STS/Sustainability transitions focused on electricity grids as sites of innovation

Jean Boucher

May 24, 2023, 4:08:46 AM5/24/23
to ENVI...@listserv.neu.edu, Anthropology & Environment Society Discussion, SCORAI Group

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Tomas Moe Skjølsvold <tomas.sk...@ntnu.no>
Date: Wed, May 24, 2023 at 7:57 AM
Subject: Two year post doc in STS/Sustainability transitions focused on electricity grids as sites of innovation
To: <EA...@jiscmail.ac.uk>

Dear all,

At NTNU, Department of Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture (KULT), we have a vacancy as a 2-year post-doctoral position at the intersection of STS and sustainability transitions research as part of the centre for intelligent electricity distribution (www.cineldi.no). Please note the short application deadline, (June 7th), we are aiming for a quick process with a start-up this fall.

Electrification lies at the heart of Norwegian energy transition strategies. This entails ramping up a combination of renewable energy production and storage, to electrify transport and industry. Electricity grids are key to this process: they connect production, consumption, and storage across energy carriers. Conceptually, this means that they are central in processes of sector coupling or multi-system interaction, which has been highlighted as a key characteristic of current energy transitions. At the same time, grid expansion is increasingly contested due to land-use issues and other sustainability concerns.

We are looking for a post-doc with a background in sustainability transitions research or STS who is interested in exploring electricity grids as a site of innovation. We define innovation broadly but are particularly interested in exploring a) what characterizes current innovation activities, b) how such activities can affect the direction and speed of transition across sectors and systems, and c) understanding how different policy mixes affects innovation in this domain.

Read more and apply:

https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/245843/2-year-postdoc-in-sts-electricity-grids-as-a-site-of-transformative-innovation

Best wishes from Trondheim,

Tomas Moe Skjølsvold

Tomas Moe Skjølsvold

Professor of STS, and Vice director FME NTRANS.

Phone +47 93634270 Email: tomas.sk...@ntnu.no

Projects: Aces | Behaviour | Biopath | CaptureX |Cineldi | DRIVERS | Enhanceria |Northwind |Team Society |Gemini centre for sustainability transitions

Selected recent publications

Fostering justice through engagement: A literature review of public engagement in energy transitions

Are rapid and inclusive energy and climate transitions oxymorons? Towards principles of responsible acceleration

Implementing Mission-oriented Experiments: Recommendations on Epistemic Inclusion for City Stakeholders Working in Climate Change Initiatives

Pilot Society and the Energy Transition: The co-shaping of innovation, participation and politics

Title: Twitter - Description: image of Twitter icon

To unsubscribe from the EASSN list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=EASSN&A=1