Consumption & Society - accepting papers, open submissions

Marlyne Sahakian

Jan 21, 2023, 2:29:53 AM1/21/23
Dear colleagues,

On behalf of my co-editors Dan Welch and Stefan Wahlen, we wish you a very happy new year!

Consumption and Society was launched just last year with Bristol University Press, with a second issue dedicated to sustainable consumption. The journal has grown out of the SCORAI community and we are very keen on representing this community in our pages.

Read our editorial to the special issue on sustainable consumption here:
Or Rick Wilk’s wonderful piece about taking fun seriously in envisioning sustainable consumption:

…among many other wonderful contributions.

Please do consider C&S for your future research articles. We are particularly keen on attracting scholars beyond North America and Europe. Here are our regional editors, in case you wish to be in touch:

Africa: Samuel Bonsu, Ghana Institute of Management & Public Administration, Ghana
East Asia: I-Liang Wahn, Tunghai University, Taiwan
Latin America: Tomas Ariztia, Universidad Diego Portales, Chile
North America: Manisha Anantharaman, Saint Mary's College of California, US
South Asia: Czarina Saloma-Akpedonu, Ateneo de Manila University, Manila, Philippines

We also accept different types of contributions including interviews, commentaries, key word essays or book review.

We are currently accepting submissions for the first issue in 2024, with accepted papers available first online.

Best regards,

Marlyne, on behalf of the editorial team

Marlyne Sahakian

Associate Professor, Department of Sociology
University of Geneva
Uni Mail campus, office no. 4293
Boulevard du Pont-d'Arve 40, 1204
Geneva, Switzerland

Marlyne....@unige.ch
office: +4122 379 8329
mobile: +4179 393 8733
marlyneonskype

Co-editor of a new journal, Consumption & Society
https://bristoluniversitypress.co.uk/journals/consumption-and-society

Just out:

Sahakian, M., & Rossier, C. (2022). The societal conditions for achieving sufficiency through voluntary work time reduction: Results of a pilot study in Western Switzerland. Frontiers in Sustainability, 3. https://doi.org/10.3389/frsus.2022.956055

Sahakian, M., & Jack, T. (2022). What’s normal and what can we do about it? Challenging conventions, from research to teaching to action. Consumption and Society, 1(2), 416-423. https://doi.org/10.1332/hlti9259