FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS: Data Politics in the Built Environment

Richard Lorch

Sep 13, 2022, 6:51:28 AM9/13/22
to SCORAI

FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS: special issue

Deadline for abstracts: 26 September 2022

Data Politics in the Built Environment

Guest Editors:
Andrew Karvonen
(Lund University) & Tom Hargreaves (University of East Anglia)

The aim of this special issue is to improve our collective understanding of the practices, politics, and power implications of data-driven buildings and cities. How is data generated, metabolised, and gathered in the built environment? Who designs and governs these data flows and to what end? Who and what is enrolled in the datafication of buildings and cities? What forms and types of data are collected and what gets ignored in data flows at and across different scales? What are the broader implications for social justice and equity? We invite social scientists, planners, designers, building scientists, data scientists, and environmental scientists to shine a critical spotlight on the motivations, methods, and consequences of data-driven buildings and cities.

Buildings & Cities is an international, open access, double-blind peer-reviewed research journal. Its focus is the interactions between buildings, neighbourhoods and cities by understanding their supporting social, economic and environmental systems

Regards,
Richard Lorch

Richard Lorch, Editor in Chief
Buildings & Cities
B&C Journa - peer reviewed contentl:
B&C Community - news, reviews, commentaries: