Vocabulary book project: request for authors for Hedonic Treadmill and Doughnut Economy

Philip Vergragt

Jul 11, 2024, 11:32:52 AMJul 11
to Lewis Akenji, Thomas Smith, sco...@googlegroups.com
Dear SCORAI-ers,
The SCORAI-HotorCool Vocabulary on Sustainable Consumption and Lifestyles is progressing smoothy according to plan. We have now 70-80 entries already covered; and the editorial team is currently engaged in the review process.
Unfortunately we are still missing authors for a few important concepts: Doughnut Economy and Hedonic Treadmill are two of them.
Anyone of you who wants to volunteer for a 1200-word essay with deadline September 1st: please let us know; and we would be happy to send you the guide for authors. We are also open for recommendations for authors who could write on this in an accessible style.
On a related note: we aim at a crowdsourced open access format; Carol Holst was to first to pledge $1000 for this. Please send us an email if you want to join her. We will need about $12000.
warm regards,
Halina Brown, Lewis Akenji, Laura Maria Wallnoefer, Tom Smith, Philip Vergragt, co-editors.
{if you reply, please do not reply to all}

Philip Vergragt

Jul 13, 2024, 1:31:03 PM (14 days ago) Jul 13
to sco...@googlegroups.com
Dear SCORAI-ers,
We are gratified by the success of our previous call for authors; and indeed found two qualified authors and another pledge for our crowdsourcing campaign for open access.
To follow up on our earlier call, we are also searching two other important concepts: Social Tipping Points and Provisioning systems. Please step forward. The essay should be 1200 words and the deadline is mid-august.
warm regards,
Philip