Amazing

El Gazali

Mar 29, 2013, 10:19:31 PM3/29/13
to scooter-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for this amazing framework.

El

El Gazali

Mar 31, 2013, 2:17:01 PM3/31/13
to scooter-...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

This project needs to be kept alive and up to date by any means, and possibly more marketing if that is possible. There is a lot of junk out there that doesn't even deserve to exist but this framework is worth every minute.
At least assure us that there will be a new release soon with other cool features like support for HTML5. I really like this framework a lot but looking at all the signs, I don't get the feeling that it is alive and that scares me a bit.

My Suggestions are:

Upgrade the libraries to latest versions including jetty + support for HTML5 + add some noise to the google group as it is very silent and that gives bad first impression + upgrade the look and feel of the web site to reflect the real elegance, lightness and modernity of the framework.

El

John Chen

Apr 1, 2013, 8:46:20 PM4/1/13
to scooter-framework
Hi El

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestions. I will try to complete the update this summer.

John

El

stark

Apr 3, 2013, 11:20:55 PM4/3/13
to scooter-...@googlegroups.com

I agree with the op, this framework deserves more praise against other frameworks ^^, i have tested/evaluated most of the famous frameworks out there, sometimes i question myself why on earth am i using this framework, while the rest of the others are using the other frameworks... ^^

btw, john, if you can maybe implement that feature in my previous thread, "only returns specified fields (translated query) in an activerecord".
in which you can specify the columns which are to be used for that base activeRecord. Because it's really slow and big if a table is huge and/or has a lot of columns (say 100++) . But the TableGateway workaround works just fine.

Maybe you can try to create a trello dashboard ( https://trello.com/) or a page in the website, just to see scooter's roadmap.

Thanks.