[scooter-framework] Scooter framework 1.0.RC3 released

John Chen

May 10, 2010, 2:36:38 AM5/10/10
to scooter-...@googlegroups.com
This release took me longer than expected.

Here are three major features in this release:
1. scooter.jar can be included in an application as its data assess layer, just like hibernate or ibatis. Sample app example can be downloaded.
2. Significant enhancement in data browser. It now supports browsing records based on schema and pagination.
3. Connection pool support.

Detailed release note:

Summary of Releases
===================
scooter-1.0.RC3 20100509
 + Fixed bug: auto compiler would not work if application name starts with java
 + Fixed bug: failed to retrieve primary key of a table in Oracle database
 + Fixed bug: failed to display Oracle timestamp data type
 + Fixed bug: data browser failed to retrieve data when there is '/' in primary key value.
 + Fixed bug: oracle data source node in app.xml file causes exception when starting scooter.

 + New feature: scooter.jar can be used as a standalone orm jar. See sample scooter-orm app.
 + New feature: Scooter supports database connection pool now. See database.properties file for details.
 + New feature: ActiveRecord now has "strict_include" option which uses inner join.
                "include" still defaults to "left outer join".
 + New feature: ActiveRecord now has findAllBy, findFirst and findLast methods
 + New feature: ActiveRecord has a new constructor. It can be created for different databases.
 + New feature: Added utility class DataAccessUtil for easy access of retrieved data.
 + New feature: Data browser supports pagination.
 + New feature: Data browser supports view.
 + New feature: Data browser supports retrieving data based on schema for Oracle database.
 + New feature: Data browser supports auto audit fields.
 + New feature: Data browser will not display url link on show/edit/delete, if the underline table has no primary key.

Gran Kain

May 10, 2010, 7:53:17 AM5/10/10
to scooter-...@googlegroups.com
 + New feature: Scooter supports database connection pool now. See database.properties file for details.

Tanxs!

\o/

Gran Kain, Staff Taulukko e Staff Setado
Edson Vicente Carli Junior
Evon Desenvolvimento de softwares

Use:
www.setado.com.br Seu favoritos na WEB
Jogue:
www.taulukko.com.br RPG de Mesa Online!
www.gametube.com.br 1001 jogos em Flash
Fique ligado!
casal10.evonblogs.com.br Blog de notícias nerds
www.taulukko.com.br/blog Sobre RPG? É aqui!
desconstruindo.evonblogs.com.br Blog de notícias sobre construção e reformas

mjpell

May 10, 2010, 1:47:29 PM5/10/10
to Scooter Framework
Hi John,
I downloaded the RC3, so thank you for your efforts.

I then unzipped, and renamed the folder to scooterCft. Here's what I
get on step 1, seemingly no matter what I do (oracle or mysql or no
additional param):

C:\scooterCft>java -jar tools/init.jar oracle
ERROR ERROR ERROR: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
com.amazingforce.scootergenerator.AbstractGenerator.getDBVendor(AbstractGenerator.java:
178)
at
com.amazingforce.scootergenerator.AbstractGenerator.<init>(AbstractGenerator.java:
50)
at
com.amazingforce.scootersetup.IndexHtmlGenerator.<init>(IndexHtmlGenerator.java:
15)
at
com.amazingforce.scootersetup.AppInit.doTheWork(AppInit.java:60)
at com.amazingforce.scootersetup.AppInit.main(AppInit.java:35)

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

John Chen

May 10, 2010, 2:28:52 PM5/10/10
to scooter-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

Did you strictly follow the first four steps as described in the startup document ( http://www.scooterframework.com/docs/startup.html )?

I can duplicate the error you found if before step 4, I manually modified config/database.properties file by using a different database connection name.

Please don't touch config/database.properties file until step 6. Also make sure that if key/value pair is default.database.connection.name=xxxx, then there must be a database connection entry named xxxx defined as:
    database.connection.xxxx=\
        driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver,\
        url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@127.0.0.1:1521:scootercft_development,\
        username=scoot,\
        password=tiger,\
        max_pool_size=10,\
        min_pool_size=1

Notice the matching "xxxx" for both properties "default.database.connection.name" and "database.connection.xxxx".

John