SCOOP with MPI

Reid Ginoza

Oct 12, 2020, 10:41:58 PM10/12/20
to scoop-users
Hello Scoop User group,

I'm trying to run a test case for a genetic algorithm I'm writing with DEAP. I'm new to SCOOP and to HPCs.

For the fitness evaluation of my genetic algorithm, I call a simulation code that runs using MPI.

When I run the scoop.futures.map(func, individuals), my func creates a new directory, and then calls the MPI command mpiexec_mpt -np 46 <simulation>.

But instead of running the simulation, it gives this message.

MPT: Launcher network accept (MPI_LAUNCH_TIMEOUT) timed out
MPT: Launcher on r3i7n31 failed to receive connection(s) from: r3i7n31
MPT ERROR: could not launch executable
        (HPE MPT 2.20  08/30/19 04:35:14)

Anyone out there know how I can get the MPI command to find the the processors available? Does SCOOP know to give the MPI command 46 processors?

Thank you!
Reid Ginoza