Suppress log output when using HadoopSpecificaton?

Derek Chen-Becker

Apr 2, 2014, 6:57:47 PM4/2/14
to scoobi...@googlegroups.com
I'm using the HadoopSpecification to run some tests and I can't figure out how to suppress log output during the run. I tried following the docs and first set "override def quiet = true", and then tried setting the log4j root logger level to WARN, but I still get pages and pages and pages of Hadoop output tagged INFO level. I'm using 0.9-SNAPSHOT; did something change in how I should configure that?

Thanks,

Derek

Eric Torreborre

Apr 2, 2014, 7:23:20 PM4/2/14
to scoobi...@googlegroups.com
This looks like a bug. Did you also try to pass "-- scoobi quiet" on the command line? IIRC it is a bit hard to intercept the logging settings to do what we want.

Unfortunately I don't have much time to look at that issue this week. I'll try to give a go next week.

Eric.

Derek Chen-Becker

Apr 3, 2014, 2:07:09 AM4/3/14
to scoobi...@googlegroups.com
I can try adding "-- scoobi quiet" on the CLI when starting SBT, if that's what you mean. I understand it's probably tricky to control all of the logging, so thanks for any ideas!

Derek

Eric Torreborre

Apr 3, 2014, 6:34:32 PM4/3/14
to scoobi...@googlegroups.com
Some quick checks you can make:

 - print the name of the log factory

    System.getProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory")

It should be com.nicta.scoobi.application.HadoopLogFactory

 - then you can get the log factory and check the QUIET attribute:

   LogFactory.getFactory.getAttribute("QUIET")

Otherwise there might be a bug in the HadoopLogFactory because the code is a bit convoluted.

Eric.

Patrick Grandjean

Mar 5, 2015, 4:58:02 PM3/5/15
to scoobi...@googlegroups.com
Same problem :/

I checked the above, all good. But still having many logs in output.