Passing Hadoop Property Values From Command Line

Raghavendra Reddy Pakanati

Nov 11, 2013, 2:00:51 PM11/11/13
to scoob...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to pass the max number of reducers to use for a scoobi job from command line. But the job still runs with the actual number of reducers required for the job. It works when I set the max reducers in the App program using configuration.setMaxReducers. Does this mean we cannot set the hadoop property values from command line in Scoobi? Please help me with this.

Command: hadoop jar XXXApp -Dmapred.reduce.tasks=500.

Thanks,
Raghu

Russell Aronson

Nov 11, 2013, 5:04:42 PM11/11/13
to scoob...@googlegroups.com, scoob...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raghu,

You can set it with -Dscoobi.mapreduce.reducers.max=500

Cheers

Russell

Raghavendra Reddy Pakanati

Nov 12, 2013, 2:01:57 PM11/12/13
to scoob...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Russell. That worked. Where can I find other Scoobi properties corresponding to Hadoop properties?

Raghu

Russell Aronson

Nov 12, 2013, 5:11:54 PM11/12/13
to scoob...@googlegroups.com, scoob...@googlegroups.com