SMTP TLS version on SCM 1.60

mrs...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2021, 2:23:25 AMSep 16
to scmmanager
I know, we are running a very old version, but the migration to v2 is a no go for us.

The mail function stopped working and I suspect that since we are using office365 SMTP this could be the reason as they moved from TLS 1.0 to TLS 1.2

Anyone know how I can check which version the mail-function is using?

Eduard Heimbuch

Sep 16, 2021, 4:10:04 AMSep 16
to scmmanager
Hey,

first of all, the question you would expect: Why can't you upgrade to the latest SCM-Manager version? Is there anything we can do to help you migrate?
Regarding your problem with the mail plugin, could you send us some logs? Are there any stacktraces or errors when you try to send an email?

Best regards,
Eduard Heimbuch

mrs...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2021, 7:18:48 AMSep 17
to scmmanager
Upgrade :
well, I am just the administrator of the server/ application, but our engineers use it in a way I cannot explain and we tried to setup the latest version about a year ago where they tried to use their HG scripts etc. and it was not possible.. sadly. The new interface etc. looks way better..

Sending a testmail:
When trying to send a test mail I just get the error : Sending test mail failed..

When I look in the logs I see this.

Caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not convert socket to TLS

            at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.startTLS(SMTPTransport.java:1907)

            at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:666)

            at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:317)

            at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:176)

            at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:125)

            at org.codemonkey.simplejavamail.Mailer.sendMail(Mailer.java:261)

            ... 119 common frames omitted

Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: No appropriate protocol (protocol is disabled or cipher suites are inappropriate)

            at sun.security.ssl.HandshakeContext.<init>(HandshakeContext.java:171)

            at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshakeContext.<init>(ClientHandshakeContext.java:98)

            at sun.security.ssl.TransportContext.kickstart(TransportContext.java:220)

            at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:428)

            at com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.configureSSLSocket(SocketFetcher.java:549)

            at com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.startTLS(SocketFetcher.java:486)

            at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.startTLS(SMTPTransport.java:1902)

            ... 124 common frames omitted

Eduard Heimbuch

Sep 24, 2021, 4:45:36 AMSep 24
to scmmanager
Hey,

we discussed this matter in our team. What you could try to fix this error is to upgrade the OS on your machine and upgrade the Java version you are currently using. Also check which tls version is supported by your mailserver :

`openssl s_client -connect smtpserver:587 -starttls smtp`

We recommend you to try again to migrate to the latest SCM-Manager version as we have improved the HG support to make it more robust and fail-safe. If the scripts still don't work after the upgrade, we will do our best to find the bug and fix it as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Eduard

Jørgen Staun Hansen

Oct 2, 2021, 5:16:16 PMOct 2
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, will try to do the upgrade of OS and Java.

Sendt fra min iPad

Den 24. sep. 2021 kl. 10.45 skrev Eduard Heimbuch <eduard....@cloudogu.com>:

Hey,