Upgrade version from 1.6 to latest(2.25)

naveen kumar

Oct 22, 2021, 2:54:54 AM10/22/21
to scmmanager
Hi,

I'm upgrading the version from 1.6 to 2.25. I've to migrate the data for that I have to place the 1.6 home directory to the new version /var/lib/scm. Before that when I checked the v 1.6 home directory (.scm/repo/git/branches) it is showing null in branches. So, My doubt is if I migrate the data is back or not?

Eduard Heimbuch

Oct 22, 2021, 2:58:05 AM10/22/21
to scmmanager
Hey Naveen,

Could you describe how you migrated your SCM-Manager instance? Which package do you use? .rpm for Redhat?

Regards, Eduard

naveen kumar

Oct 22, 2021, 3:51:02 AM10/22/21
to scmmanager
Hi  Eduard,

Thank you for your reply. The old version 1.60 is WAR pkg which is hosted in the Tomcat (Centos).

Migrating steps
  1. Copy all data (.scm) from the old version 1.60 over to the new version. But in old version branch data is showing empty in (.scm/repo/git/branches/)
  2. Installing SCM-Manager version 2.25.0 tar.gz in the same server Centos.

Thanks,
Naveen

Eduard Heimbuch

Oct 22, 2021, 4:41:16 AM10/22/21
to scmmanager
Hey Naveen,

please backup your home directory and try to start SCM-Manager 2.25.0 with your old data. Currently we cannot figure out what your actual problem is. If there are really missing repositories or branches we will help you to fix this.

Regard, Eduard

naveen kumar

Oct 22, 2021, 6:11:28 AM10/22/21
to scmmanager
Hi Eduard,

Yeah Thanks, How to backup my repo data to up to date in the SCM home directory. I've to execute git -mirror command for this or is there any other way?

Thanks You..!
Naveen

Eduard Heimbuch

Oct 22, 2021, 6:23:01 AM10/22/21
to scmmanager

Hey Naveen,

sorry, but i get more and more confused what you are actually doing. Simply copy your `.scm` home folder somewhere else to save your data. Then start SCM-Manager 2.25.0 on your old data (not on the backup) and see how it goes. If there are no errors and all your repositories seems to work fine after the migration, that's it.

Have you already started the SCM-Manager 2.25.0? How come you want to use the git-mirror command?

Regards, Eduard

naveen kumar

Oct 25, 2021, 11:38:10 PM10/25/21
to scmmanager
Hi  Eduard,

Thank you Now I started SCM-Manager 2.25.0.  It's working fine my repos are back.

But  RES and Mem value slowly increasing. May I know how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Naveen

Eduard Heimbuch

Oct 28, 2021, 8:51:57 AM10/28/21
to scmmanager
Hey Naveen,

could you describe how exactly your resource consumption is rising? How many repository do your host with your SCM-Manager and what are you typically doing when you notice the increases?

Regards, Eduard