using https and log information

Bernardo Costa

Jan 22, 2014, 8:44:27 AM1/22/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to know how could it be possible to make scm-manager user https traffic instead of ordinary http. One way I believe it would be possible is to use a scm-manager war file on an ordinary tomcat configured to use https port. Is there another way to do this ? I mean, I really need to use this war file with a new tomcat install or is there a way to configure scm-manager jetty's server to user https ? My goal is use only https traffic although it would be nice to know how to configure the tool to have both or even redirection from http to https in some cases (if this is really possible, if not no problem).

Another thing I'd like to ask is about logging information, specially about changes on groups and changes on permissions to repositories. How the tool deals with it ? Is the change of a particular group logged in a way it would be possible to know who changed the group or even which changes were made ? The same question goes about changes on repository permissions. Is it possible to know watching on log files who changed the permissions of a particular repository (ex: gave read access to everyone or gave write access to a particular group) ?

Bernardo Costa

Jan 22, 2014, 10:50:00 AM1/22/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
About logging, I have found that it logs that a change has been made (info level) but it isn't precise on which user made the change nor what is the change. Here you can see an example of the log taken from catalina.out file.

13:32:41.648 [http-bio-8443-exec-5] INFO  sonia.scm.io.DefaultFileSystem - create directory /Work/tmp/hg/progride
BEFORE_CREATE
CREATE
13:34:26.669 [http-bio-8443-exec-4] INFO  sonia.scm.repository.DefaultRepositoryManager - modify repository progride of type hg
BEFORE_MODIFY
MODIFY

Sebastian Sdorra

Jan 22, 2014, 3:33:03 PM1/22/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The only thing you can do for the logging stuff is to write a custom plugin which logs all the informations you need. Are you familiarly with java and maven?

Sebastian