Merge-commit too slow

Boram Suk

Aug 2, 2022, 2:02:27 AM8/2/22
to scmmanager
Hello

I have about 7000 files and about 600 folders about 600MB in total. (Source files total size)

When i press merge-commit button it takes about 50 seconds.

It scm-manager when merge-commit do seek all of source files? not only changed(recent) files?

Thanks for last update the language problem was fixed.
캡쳐(3).png

Eduard Heimbuch

Aug 2, 2022, 2:32:27 AM8/2/22
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hey Boram,

This is really strange. Could you please describe your setup? Which OS and hardware do you use for SCM-Manager server?
How big are your pull request diffs? Several thousand changed files or "normal" sizes like 20 - 100 files?

Regards, Eduard

Boram Suk

Aug 2, 2022, 3:02:08 AM8/2/22
to scmmanager
I use Windows Server 2019 / Intel Xeon Silver 4208 CPU 2.10 GHz / Memory 16GB

pull request less then 10 files.

Eduard Heimbuch

Aug 2, 2022, 3:31:33 AM8/2/22
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
I assume this happens on every merge? Do you have also performance issues with other repositories?

You could try to enable cached working directories: https://scm-manager.org/docs/2.37.x/en/administration/workdir_caching/

Boram Suk

Aug 2, 2022, 4:36:38 AM8/2/22
to scmmanager
where can i setting   -Dscm.workingCopyPoolStrategy=sonia.scm.repository.work.SimpleCachingWorkingCopyPool (this)?

Eduard Heimbuch

Aug 2, 2022, 4:52:25 AM8/2/22
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Depends on how you installed SCM-Manager. For docker you can provide the parameters directly as described here: https://scm-manager.org/docs/2.37.x/en/installation/docker/

Boram Suk

Aug 2, 2022, 5:48:55 AM8/2/22
to scmmanager
There is no way to setting in scm-manager windows version ?

Eduard Heimbuch

Aug 2, 2022, 5:59:06 AM8/2/22
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
I am not very familiar with windows but i think you can set these parameters in the scm-server.xml. You can find more information here: https://scm-manager.org/docs/2.37.x/en/installation/windows/#configuration

Boram Suk

Aug 3, 2022, 4:23:14 AM8/3/22
to scmmanager
I try to add  -Dscm.workingCopyPoolStrategy=sonia.scm.repository.work.SimpleCachingWorkingCopyPool this in arguments in scm-server.xml as you as tell me. But there isn't any difference.

Eduard Heimbuch

Aug 3, 2022, 4:24:47 AM8/3/22
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Could you please share your scm-server.xml with us?

Boram Suk

Aug 3, 2022, 5:09:01 AM8/3/22
to scmmanager
This is our scm-server.xml, I attach it.
scm-server.zip

Eduard Heimbuch

Aug 3, 2022, 5:29:26 AM8/3/22
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
You could try to change the order of the arguments. Not sure if this changes anything.

Like this:
" <arguments>-cp "%BASE%\conf";"%BASE%\lib\*" -DBASE_DIR="%BASE%" -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dlogback.configurationFile=logging.xml -Dscm.workingCopyPoolStrategy=sonia.scm.repository.work.SimpleCachingWorkingCopyPool sonia.scm.server.ScmServerDaemon</arguments>"

Do you still have slow merges? What about the Editor Plugin? Are all commits via the UI that slow?

Boram Suk

Aug 3, 2022, 6:04:43 AM8/3/22
to scmmanager
Add arguments don't work. Still slow.

I use Review Plugin for Merge Commit. Maybe I have to use other Plugin?

Boram Suk

Aug 17, 2022, 4:24:39 AM8/17/22
to scmmanager
It's work after some (2~3 times) of merge. I think caching work well.
Thank you.