Regarding Migration

Jeel Rachchh

Apr 22, 2022, 1:11:11 AM4/22/22
to scmmanager
Hello ,

       We have a 2.0.0-M1 and we want to migrate it to  SCM-Manager 2.32.2 . Can u guide us through this regarding how to migrate our repositories to the latest version.

Rene Pfeuffer

Apr 22, 2022, 5:29:50 AM4/22/22
to scmmanager
Hi,

just out of curiosity: How did you come running a `2.0.0-M1`? As far as we know, this was never released. Did you build it on your own or did you get it elsewhere?

Because this version is nearly 8 years old, we cannot say for sure, what the file layout looks like. If you have a testing environment (or can create one), the best way would be to start a 1.60 with the scm folder. This is the prerequisite for an automated update to 2.x.

If the 1.60 is running correctly (so that you can access your repositories, see all users and settings), you can stop the instance again and start a 2.32.2 with this directory and follow the [standard migration](https://scm-manager.org/docs/2.32.x/en/migrate-scm-manager-from-v1/).

We would love to hear, whether this works.

René