New search features

Will Senn

Sep 2, 2021, 10:22:30 AMSep 2
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Dear SCM-Manager dev team,

Sometimes developing a piece of software can be a lonely business. Especially, if you do it well. I've been using SCM-Manager for a VERY long time and rarely do I communicate with y'all. When I have issues you are quick to help me out and 99.9% of the time, your software just does its job in the way I expect it to. I have tried many other web interfaces and the like for git and yours is the best for my needs, so far as I know. I have scm-manager running on FreeBSD on ZFS and I've never lost a bit in as long as I've used it. It runs, and runs, and runs. I know some folks have had similar experiences with Linux and with Docker, but not me - nothing compares to running on ZFS and FreeBSD :). To my knowledge, I've never had a problem of any kind other than operator error in this environment (I think I started it on FreeBSD 8, and some 0.x version of scm-manager, memory fails, but that was ages ago).

Anyhow, I want to thank y'all again for making this wondrous product and making it available to those of without substantial financial means along the way.

About the new search featurew... even though it only currently searches repo meta data, I am excited that you are considering adding in-repo code searching. Count me in as a yes, I'm excited about this new feature, vote.

Keep up the good work, I am sure I'm not alone in appreciating your work every time I push a commit, use the web interface to view the commit history, or add a new repo, even if I don't say it as often as I think it.

Thank you very much,

Will

Rene Pfeuffer

Sep 2, 2021, 10:42:42 AMSep 2
to scmmanager
Hey Will,

in Germany we have the saying "No nagging is enough praise" :-). Thank you very much for your great feedback. Sometimes it's good to hear from people using SCM-Manager.

Keep on coding

René