Mixing XML and Crowd Authentication

Jonathan Simon

May 24, 2013, 8:26:35 AM5/24/13
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we use Crowd to authenticate our users.
However, we would also like to add users that can only access SCM-Manager through the SCM-Manager web interface ("xml" type).

Unfortunately, those users cannot log in, and in the log I see the line "WARN  sonia.scm.api.rest.resources.AuthenticationResource - authentication failed for user" ...

Any hints?

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan

Sebastian Sdorra

May 24, 2013, 11:11:40 AM5/24/13
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
This should work, but there was a similar issue with the crowd plugin (https://github.com/soudmaijer/scm-crowd-plugin/issues/10). Which version of SCM-Manager do you use? Since SCM-Manager 1.29 the default authenticator (xml) is always the first in the authentication chain.

Sebastian

Jonathan Simon

May 25, 2013, 2:52:32 AM5/25/13
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that seems to be the same issue. Sorry, I didn't notice.
We are still on 1.28. I'll do an upgrade and hope that fixes it.

Thanks again,
Jonathan

Jonathan Simon

May 27, 2013, 11:00:48 AM5/27/13
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sebastian,

after the upgrade, local users can login as expected.
However, as the user does not exist in Crowd, it should have worked before as well. I don't know if you want to put more efforts into this - for now this is OK for us.

Thanks again,
Jonathan