Jenkins plugin does not submit Changelogs + There is no Jenkins Authentication token?

Skyrider

Jun 14, 2021, 8:02:17 AM6/14/21
to scmmanager
So, I'm trying to set up Jenkins as a middle-man in combination so all SVN pushes are send to Jenkins and then forwarded to Discord as SCM 2.x no longer supports any kind of Discord hooks as the Slack plugin from SCM 1.x is no longer updated and cannot be used with SCM 2.x.

While Jenkins does see a svn update being pushed by SCM Manager, it doesn't see any changelogs, only that "something" happened. Any reason for this?

Also. The Jenkins plugin requires a Jenkins Auth Token and a API Token. (Thus 2 tokens total). I can easily grab the API token from the Jenkins user profile, but have no idea where to get the project? Token. As the API box is below the project name in the SCM Jenkin plugin settings. Why does it require 2 API's?

Even if I fill it in with 2 user API's. Only 1 is being used, and that's the API Token under the username, again in the Jenkins plugin settings.

Hopefully I can receive some help. As the docs has no information regarding this except for for 1.x of the plugin.

Regards,
Skyrider

Eduard Heimbuch

Jun 16, 2021, 5:15:04 AM6/16/21
to scmmanager
Hey Skyrider,

so all you want is notify discord (or slack) as soon as some changes happened to your repository? Have you tried out the SCM-Webhook-Plugin? (https://scm-manager.org/plugins/scm-webhook-plugin/docs/2.2.x/en/configuration/)

Jenkins Plugin:
- If you use the API token you should not need the other one. (https://scm-manager.org/plugins/scm-jenkins-plugin/docs/2.2.x/en/configuration/)
- I assume you have both available plugins installed? The SCM-Jenkins-Plugin for SCM-Manager (https://scm-manager.org/plugins/scm-jenkins-plugin/releases/) and also the Jenkins-SCM-Manager-Plugin for Jenkins (https://plugins.jenkins.io/scm-manager/)?

Hope I could help somehow!

Best regards,
Eduard Heimbuch

Skyrider

Jun 16, 2021, 10:58:43 AM6/16/21
to scmmanager
Hey, thanks for replying!

I have tried the SCM webhook plugin, but that one doesn't seem to do anything towards Discord.

As for the Jenkins, I have both SCM-Jenkins installed, and SCM manager on Jenkins, however. The SCM manager plugin on Jenkins only seems to support GIT, as SVN is not listed as remote source.

Rene Pfeuffer

Jun 18, 2021, 8:09:02 AM6/18/21
to scmmanager
For SVN in Jenkins you also need to install the Subversion Plugin in Jenkins. Otherwise Jenkins cannot checkout and build SVN sources.

Skyrider

Jun 20, 2021, 11:12:43 AM6/20/21
to scmmanager
Does it need to checkout/build from svn sources though? It only needs to "read" the change logs / Revision ID and from who and submit it to Discord. Like the previous slack hook that was for SCM manager 1.x, but no longer available for SCM 2.x (hence, wanting to use Jenkins).

Here's an example how it looked before and would like to have it (or at least, similar to)

svn.png

Rene Pfeuffer

Jun 22, 2021, 4:36:16 AM6/22/21
to scmmanager
Yes, but the SCM-Manager plugin in Jenkins is build to check out the repository first, and therefore the SVN plugin is needed,. What you could do is to use a free style job in jenkins and call SVN on your own, but that might be cumbersome.