Question on configuration

Kevin Jones

Nov 26, 2014, 12:26:20 PM11/26/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

My company has repositories scattered across multiple servers. This is primarily out of necessity as we sometimes have to collaborate with external customers.

Looking at the available documentation/screenshots on scm-manager, it appears that all of the repositories have to be stored on the same server that the manager is running on. I can't find conclusive proof of this, but I'd like to know if that's the case. If scm-manager can handle repos spread hither and yon, I'd love to know more details of how that can be accomplished.

-Kevin Jones

Sebastian Sdorra

Dec 3, 2014, 2:25:16 AM12/3/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
This currently not possible with scm-manager. Because scm-manager has to serve the repositories, to control the access to the repositories and to get notified about changes. But you can control the access to the repositories with permission, so you could grant access to some repositories for your customers.

Sebastian