Deleting repository from scm-manager deletes repository on disk!

Eric Rose

Jan 6, 2015, 10:48:32 PM1/6/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm new to the scm-manager application, and have been working to install and configure it in our environment.

We use Mercurial, and I'm having issues importing my repositories into the scm-manager due to permission problems.

I was able to import one repo, and as part of my debugging process, I tried to delete the repo and re-import it.
I was quite surprised to find out that deleting the repo from the scm-manager actually deletes the repo from the disk!
I was expecting the scm-manager to act as a layer on top of my repos, sitting there to make the repo available to remote computers.
There was no warning from the UI that this was a highly destructive operation!
Is there a way to remove the repo from the scm-manager via the UI, without actually deleting it from the disk?

I have backups of everything, so no harm was done, and I'll certainly be more careful in the future.

The scm-manager seems really cool, and I appreciate that its right there, available for all to use!
(I'll be happy to log an improvement suggestion, if that's something that users can do...)

thanks,

-Eric

Sebastian Sdorra

Jan 7, 2015, 1:53:48 AM1/7/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
SCM-Manager is a complete repository manager not only a layer between your repositories. But i will update the text of the delete confirmation and add a warning that this operation will delete the repository from the disk.

You could enable the archive mode (Config->General->Enable repository archive). In the archive mode, only archived repositories could be deleted. If you archive an repository, it is no longer visible in the overview.

Sebastian

Eric Rose

Jan 7, 2015, 9:52:32 AM1/7/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sebastian,

I will check out the Archive mode options!

-Eric