Location of scm-manager configuration files

Eric Rose

Jan 7, 2015, 1:51:12 PM1/7/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastian and all others,

According to the FAQ page (https://bitbucket.org/sdorra/scm-manager/wiki/faq), the scm-manager stores it configuration files in a '.scm' folder.

Where does SCM-Manager store its configuration, log files and the repositories?

SCM-Manager stores the complete data in a directory called .scm (the SCM-Manager home directory). This directory is located in the home directory of the user which is the owner of the process.

However, this does not seem to match reality in my case.  There is a 'scm' user, but that user has no actual home directory.

And these are where my config, repos, and logs live:

1) The location of the config files is: /var/lib/scm/config

2) The location of the repositories is set in the file: hg.xml (in my case, because I'm using Mercurial)

3) The location of the log files is: /var/log/scm

I just want to point this out, in case others run into the same problem!

Is the Wiki out-of-date, or is there something wrong with my install?

(I'm using the latest version... I just installed it a few days ago)

thanks!

-Eric

Sebastian Sdorra

Jan 8, 2015, 2:27:43 AM1/8/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,
The location of the home directory is different for rpm and deb installations. Thank you for the hint, i've updated the faq.

Sebastian