Trigger Jenkins build on tag push.

Wouter Dieleman

May 12, 2021, 7:27:41 AMMay 12
to scmmanager
Hello,

Is it possible for SCM Manager to trigger a jenkins build?

Within jenkins i have created a SCM Namespace configuration for building multiple projects within the same namespace.
With this configuration it seems like the builds only get triggered when i commit my changes.
When i create a new tag within the git repository and push this tag, it doesn't seem as if jenkins gets triggered.

Is it possible to achieve this within SCM Manager?

(using SCM Manager 2.17.0)

Thank you for your time.

Rene Pfeuffer

May 16, 2021, 10:48:29 AMMay 16
to scmmanager
Hi,

as far as I understand this, indeed tags are not triggered automatically by default by Jenkins. However, there is the Basic Branch Build Strategies Plugin. Can you take a look at this one and tell us whether this works for you?

Regards
René

Wouter Dieleman

May 17, 2021, 2:31:39 AMMay 17
to scmmanager
Hello René,

Thank you for the quick response.
I see i made some mistakes while trying to write my question, but it seems you understood.

Sorry for bothering you guys if this is something which can be solved within jenkins.
I really thought this was something the version control system needed to integrate.

Thank you for the link, i will try the plugin see if that works for us.

Regards,
Wouter

Rene Pfeuffer

May 19, 2021, 6:45:56 AMMay 19
to scmmanager
Hi Wouter,

you're welcome! Would you be so kind and tell us whether this works for you or if you ran into another issue?

Regards
René

Wouter Dieleman

May 19, 2021, 9:58:13 AMMay 19
to scmmanager
Hello René,

Today i set some time aside to test the plugin.
The build get's triggered on a tag push now, which is what i was looking for.
So the plugin works for us, and no other issues were encountered.

Thank you for the help.

Regards,
Wouter

Rene Pfeuffer

May 21, 2021, 7:12:48 AMMay 21
to scmmanager
Glad to hear this. Thanks for the feedback, Wouter!

Keep on coding :-)

René