How to unlock a locked account?

Michael Augustin

Apr 30, 2014, 3:35:33 AM4/30/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I run a scm-manager server. When I look in the log there are messages like the following, telling about a locked user-account.

WARN sonia.scm.security.ConfigurableLoginAttemptHandler - account user123 is temporary locked, because of LoginAttempt{counter=10, lastAttempt=1398842671234}

How can I unlock an account so that the user could try again? Is there some manual step or a hidden option in the web interface?

Kind regards,
Michael

Sebastian Sdorra

Apr 30, 2014, 3:59:58 AM4/30/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
There is no function to unlock a temporary locked user. The only thing you can do ist to install the scm-script-plugin and execute the following groovy script from the script console:

def lh = injector.getInstance(sonia.scm.security.ConfigurableLoginAttemptHandler.class);
println lh.attempts;
lh.attempts.remove("user123");
println lh.attempts;

Sebastian

Michael Augustin

Apr 30, 2014, 8:30:43 AM4/30/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastian,

thank you for the quick response.

I've seen that there must be some timeout, since it worked again about 10 minutes later. What is the value of this timeout?

Could there be a short article in the wiki about this? I couldn't find any notice.

Kind regards,
Michael

Sebastian Sdorra

May 1, 2014, 7:23:18 AM5/1/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
The timeout is configureable at "Config->General->Login Attempt Limit Timeout".

Sebastian