Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'name')

Frank Lauter

Oct 19, 2021, 11:54:47 AM10/19/21
to scmmanager
Hi...
For some of my repositories I get the Error:
Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'name')
on the webinterface.

If I direct jump to the URL: [Reponame]/Info
The settings for the Repo are displayed...
But for [Reponame]/code/sources/
I get the error...

Any Ideas?

btw._ the repo works fine...

Frank

Rene Pfeuffer

Oct 20, 2021, 1:49:50 AM10/20/21
to scmmanager
Hi Frank,

am I guessing right that these repositories are hg repos and that they have no `default` branch? We've got an issue there, when the default branch is deleted.

René

Frank Lauter

Oct 20, 2021, 2:02:49 AM10/20/21
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Thanx.. Yes it is hg... And yes this was the problem!

Frank Lauter

Oct 22, 2021, 5:16:41 AM10/22/21
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
btw...Why is the error " Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'name')" and not.. The repository has no default branch?

Eduard Heimbuch

Oct 22, 2021, 7:04:22 AM10/22/21
to scmmanager
Hey Frank,

this error was not properly handled. In the frontend we expect that there is always a default branch. If it's missing and we try to access the field "name", the undefined error you mentioned is thrown. It is similar to a null pointer exception but in the frontend.

We are already working on it to prevent this kind of errors.

Regards, Eduard