Regarding extracting ground material

Divya Banesh

May 27, 2022, 11:31:27 AM5/27/22
to SciVis2022
I recently received this question regarding what parameter corresponds to the ground material. Responses to questions sent directly to me will be posted here so everyone may benefit from the additional information.

Question:
I was hoping to find out if there is a parameter I can use in constructing the ground level.

Answer:
All parameters included in the data are described in the associated report here: https://www.lanl.gov/projects/sciviscontest2022/report.pdf

More specifically, the ground material is described by the parameter rhof_1 which determines the bulk density of ground fuel. Remember that for a file, everything nearby is potential fuel - the trees, bushes, grass, etc. As such, the ground is defined as fuel.