Hello and Welcome!

Divya Banesh

Feb 18, 2022, 11:23:24 AM2/18/22
to SciVis2022
Hello and welcome to the Google Group for the 2022 SciVis Contest!

My name is Divya, I'm one of the chairs for this year's contest. Feel free to introduce yourself in this group.

I also want to check in and ask if anyone has any questions, if you're been able to download the data or if there's anything you wanted to discuss here. Feel free to post questions if you're struggling with any aspect of or just want a casual discussion about the contest.

Other than that, I hope you're all having fun exploring the data!

Divya

Jian Tao

Feb 18, 2022, 11:53:46 AM2/18/22
to scivi...@googlegroups.com

Howdy!

Greetings from Texas!

My name is Jian Tao, an assistant professor from the Department of Visualization at the Texas A&M University.

I have a background in computational physics (numerical relativity), and my current research focuses on data analytics and machine learning for engineering and agricultural applications.

Our team is a mixture of software engineers and technical artists who are trained in game design and UI/UX development.

We are looking forward to meeting all the other participants and enjoying the contest!

Regards,

Jian

--

Jian Tao, PhD (he/his/him)
Assistant Professor | Department of Visualization, College of Architecture

On 2/18/22 10:23 AM, 'Divya Banesh' via SciVis2022 wrote:
Hello and welcome to the Google Group for the 2022 SciVis Contest! My name is Divya, I'm one of the chairs for this year's contest. Feel free to introduce yourself in this group. I also want to check in and ask if anyone has any questions, ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Gabriel Coimbra

May 3, 2022, 8:46:38 AM5/3/22
to SciVis2022
Hello fellow researchers!

My name is Gabriel and I'm a graduate student at UFV in Brazil.
I'm currently enrolled to a data visualization course (in which this competition was mentioned) and have some experience with machine learning, especially with recommender systems.

I have a question regarding the submission, it seems that the data is large and we're thinking in making a visualization that will work with a fraction of the data because of the large volume.   Does the SciVis 2022 board would consider this submission as valid?

Good luck in the competition!
Gabriel.

Divya Banesh

May 3, 2022, 10:09:51 AM5/3/22
to SciVis2022
Hi Gabriel,

Yes, a submission that uses a subset of the data would still be valid.

Good luck to you and your team!
Divya

Lars Hagemann

May 17, 2022, 6:41:45 AM5/17/22
to SciVis2022
Hello everyone,

excited to meet you :). We are a group of students and researchers from the University of Münster in Germany.
While looking through the dataset, we were wondering about the units used. Especially about the units not mentioned in the report.
We assume the oxygen values are given in percentages. But what about the u, v and w wind velocities. Are those in meters/second?

Best regards,
Lars

Divya Banesh

May 17, 2022, 8:09:28 PM5/17/22
to SciVis2022
Hi Lars,

Thank you for your question and I look forward to seeing your submission!
I've contacted the scientist to verify this information....please stay tuned.

Divya

Divya Banesh

May 23, 2022, 5:51:10 PM5/23/22
to SciVis2022
The units are meters per second.  Standard SI.

MMJandoils forsale

Mar 5, 2024, 6:31:03 PMMar 5
to SciVis2022
We are wholesale suppliers of Paxlovid, Ozempic, Mounjaro, wegovy,Saxenda, botox,ellanse,dysport,Pistor Eliance Mesotherapy gun, increlex, genotropin, somatropin, men enhancement supplements,Soliris. For more details on our products WhatsApp us at +15133346782.
Website: www.widefillercosmetics.com