History for Find, Replace and Find In Files dialogs

Valentino

Jan 10, 2008, 10:07:11 AM1/10/08
to scite-interest
Hi,

I've implemented the following feature. Is anyone else interested in
it? Let's discuss if this feature is worth adding in the SciTE
distribution.

1) Entries of comboboxes and find options of Find, Replace and Find In
Files dialogs are saved to
SciTE.history in user's directory (near the SciTE.recent). This allows
have history for comboboxes and find options across SciTE sessions.
This
behavior is configurable (number of stored entries) and off by
default.

As a side effect, the following also have been implemented:

2) Now it is possible to pass find.replace.wholeword and
find.replace.findinstyle properties on the command line.

3) Default size of the lists of the comboboxes in Find, Replace and
Find In
Files dialogs is increased from 10 to 20.

Please speak up :-)

Thanks!

SteveD

Jan 11, 2008, 1:23:58 AM1/11/08
to scite-interest
Sounds like a cool idea to me!

steve d.

Neil Hodgson

Jan 12, 2008, 9:02:51 PM1/12/08
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
The feature request is at
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=352439&aid=1866965&group_id=2439

I don't like including features where there has been no discussion
since it is common to implement a sub-optimal feature that then
constrains changes in that area. I'm often 'disputant of last resort'
where no one else takes an interest in a feature but that doesn't work
well where the feature is something I won't be using. Then I'll only
contribute technical points (warnings, cross compilation, commonality
of approach) rather than substantive issues. If people want a feature
then they'll get something more useful to them if they contribute to
the design. Initial reports on each tracker issue go to the mailing
list at
http://groups.google.com/group/scintilla-tracker

Neil

Neil Hodgson

Jan 24, 2008, 4:25:10 AM1/24/08
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
For now I'm going to reject this proposed change. It may get
reevaluated in the future depending on quality of implementation and
popularity.

Neil