Running Python script (Windows)

chris.d...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2022, 12:57:49 PM10/12/22
to scite-interest
Hi,

I'm trying to run a Python script with a GUI via the Tools menu, and it works, but for some reason it launches an extra command window although I run it with pyw.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of this extra prompt and only show the main GUI? It works when I double click the script in Windows explorer.

Thx

Neil Hodgson

Oct 12, 2022, 5:15:26 PM10/12/22
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
chris.d…:

> I'm trying to run a Python script with a GUI via the Tools menu, and it works, but for some reason it launches an extra command window although I run it with pyw.

Windows uses different attributes for running command line and GUI applications. This is controlled in SciTE with 'subsystem' settings. Search the documentation for 'subsystem'.

Neil

chris.d...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2022, 12:47:29 AM10/13/22
to scite-interest
Hi Neil,,

I know about subsystem, but I tried both options 1 and 2. The difference is that options 0 shows the output in the console of SciTE and 1 shows it as an extra prompt. There seems to be no way to get rid of it.

Thx

chris.d...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2022, 3:19:45 AM10/13/22
to scite-interest
The console isn't actually an issue if I can get the output pane to be cleared after execution.

Is it possible to clear the output pane + toggle, before or after a certain command?

Thx

chris.d...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2022, 3:53:33 AM10/13/22
to scite-interest
Never mind. I solved it with a Lua script and os.execute ;)