cpp.properties: if PLAT_WIN command.build.*.cs=C\...

Thierry Trouillet

Oct 17, 2020, 3:42:36 PM10/17/20
to scite-interest
Hi all, I'm used to manage with scite for many years but this time some help is required!
My computer is running with  Windows 10, V.S. 2017 community is installed and it works but there are some problem with the line in I typed in order to use the Roselyn csharp compiler which is located in the sdk! The section "Program Files" in the path is unknown by Scite I tried to type Programmes or ProgramFiles but it doesn't work!
command.build.*.cs=C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\1.1.14\Roslyn\csc /t:winexe $(FileNameExt) /r:system.dll,system.drawing.dll

This command line works perfectly but with the csharp v 5. 0 compiler only!
command.build.*.cs=C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\csc /t:winexe $(FileNameExt) /r:system.dll,system.drawing.dll
Really thanks for your help
Trouthie

Dejan Budimir

Oct 26, 2020, 9:15:57 AM10/26/20
to scite-interest
Hi, it seems the white space in the path is causing trouble. Try writing the path to the *.exe into a batch, then putting the batch somewhere with no whitespace in the path.

For example a batch file "C:\temp\roslyn.bat" with the single line:

@"C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\1.1.14\Roslyn\csc" %*

( The @ to suppress echoing, the quotes because of the whitespace, the %* to pass-thru all command arguments.)

Then:

command.build.*.cs= C:\temp\roslyn.bat /t:winexe $(FileNameExt) /r:system.dll,system.drawing.dll

should work.

Dejan

Dejan Budimir

Oct 26, 2020, 10:26:39 AM10/26/20
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
Actually, quoted strings in properties seem to be correctly handled. So try:

command.build.*.cs="c:\Users ... \csc" /t:winexe ...

Basically, if the string runs from the command line, it should run from the properties as well.

Thierry Trouillet

Oct 30, 2020, 11:16:48 PM10/30/20
to scite-interest
Hello D. B. and thanks for your answers, your solution properly run :) although I made the error to use the csc.exe roslyn C# compiler located in the Sdk! We have to use the csc.exe in the Roslyn Visual studio directory in order to compile! Bye-bye Thierry T.