I absolutely understand that your resources are limited and you want to concentrate on your primary Scintilla and SciTE targets. I have no problems to continue to develop the SciteQt project with the existing github project page. I agree with you that the SciteQt project does not need to be integrated into your SciTE source code repository, I just wanted to ask you and the SciTE community if you are interested in a code merge.
But I also think, that (in some future time) the integration of the QtQuick support for the Scintilla control would make sense. Is there a maintainer for the current Qt support of Scintilla with which I could talk to and discuss the different options on the way to integrate the QtQuick support?
In the meantime it would be very nice if it would be possible to integrate some really small patches/modifications into your Scintilla and Scite source code, to make the synchronisation effort between Scintilla/SciTE and SciteQt much easier.
The following files from your original Scintilla/SciTE source code (version 4.4.5) are modified for the SciteQt project:
- scintilla\include\Platfrom.h // 7 lines added: Added a define for the new platform: PLAT_QT_QML, typedef for PainterID, new overload for method init() in Surface class
- scintilla\src\Editor.h // 1 line modified, 4 lines added: Patches for using the new overloaded Init() method
- scite\src\GUI.h // 1 line: additional define checks to support more target platforms
- scite\src\SciTEProps.cxx // 1 line: additional define check to support more target platforms
Optional patches (needed for support to show the full path of the file as a tooltip over the tabbutton of the edit page):
- scite\gtk\SciTEGTK.cxx // 2 lines modified
- scite\win32\scitewin.h // 1 line modified
- scite\win32\SciTEWinBar.cxx // 1 line modified
- scite\src\SciTEBase.h // 2 lines modified & marked Save() method as virtual, needed for Android Storrage Access Famework support
- scite\src\SciTEBuffers.cxx // 2 lines added, 1 modified
The QtQuick support is mainly handled in this files with extensive patches inside the files. It might be an option to divide the QtWidget and QtQuick support in two diffent code lines, despite they have much in common. Currently you can choose via the define PLAT_QT_QML if you use the (existing) QtWidgets or the (new) QtQuick implementation.
It would be a really great support for the SciteQt project if you could find some time to integrate the attached patches (against the current stable release 4.4.5) into the mainstream Scite/SciTE source code repository, at least the 4 files in the preferred patches section. I could also make a merge request on a repository branch if you prefer this method?