Blast Mercurial fork

seasoned_geek

Jun 30, 2021, 12:50:57 PM6/30/21
to scite-interest
All,

Some time ago I started on a port of Scintilla to CopperSpice. When I'm not billable I help on the family farm so I got seriously delayed with spring planting activities.

I got most of the way through the port keeping my source files isolated as best as possible. Now 5.1.0 is out. I totally suck at Mercurial and especially Mercurial on SourceForge.

What I would really like to do is just blast the fork I have and create a new fork. I have my changes locally and it would be easier to layer them on that to try to decipher the ugly doc for updating a repository and branch from a remote master.

I have a few days to burn on this between now and the upcoming holiday. CopperSpice is a fork of Qt 4.8 pre-Digia with QML removed and many other changes. The significant change which cause quite a bit of head scratching was the fact CopperSpice doesn't use UTF-8 internally. They use QChar32. The Qt port did the typical Qt cheat of expecting each char to either be a byte, or be a two byte character with a multi-byte marker. CopperSpice went to QChar32 because 16-bits isn't enough for many Unicode character sets.

So, on SourceForge, how do I blast my current fork in order to create a new fork?

I'm poking around, but not seeing anything obvious. If I get this to where I know it works, I would like to return it to the project rather than keep it off to the side.

seasoned_geek

Jun 30, 2021, 12:59:52 PM6/30/21
to scite-interest
Never mind.
They hid it.
delete-everything.png

You have to click the blue Admin area at the top to change the currently displayed menu on that side.