Issue with SciTE v 4.1.2.0 and above - luaL_register has removed

BugFix@AutoIt

Jan 21, 2019, 11:47:52 AM1/21/19
to scite-interest
Hallo Neil,

while using SciTE4AutoIt, we've seen, that there is a problem with using 'require *.dll'. See here the Bugtracker #3692

Neil Hodgson

Jan 21, 2019, 3:23:17 PM1/21/19
to scite-interest

BugFix@AutoIt:

> while using SciTE4AutoIt, we've seen, that there is a problem with using 'require *.dll'. See here the Bugtracker #3692

Likely happened when SciTE 4.0.0 updated to Lua 5.3.

It appears similar to bug #2058 on Linux https://sourceforge.net/p/scintilla/bugs/2058/

Neil

Lorenzo Donati

Jan 21, 2019, 11:11:44 PM1/21/19
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
On 21/01/2019 21:23, 'Neil Hodgson' via scite-interest wrote:

> BugFix@AutoIt:
>
>> while using SciTE4AutoIt, we've seen, that there is a problem with using 'require *.dll'. See here the Bugtracker #3692
>
> Likely happened when SciTE 4.0.0 updated to Lua 5.3.

Definitely.

LuaL_register was deprecated in 5.2 [1] and, following usual PUC Lua
practice, removed in the next version after it was deprecated (i.e. it
was removed in 5.3).

BTW, there were other API changes in 5.3, too [2].

> It appears similar to bug #2058 on Linux https://sourceforge.net/p/scintilla/bugs/2058/
>
> Neil

Cheers

-- Lorenzo

[1] http://www.lua.org/manual/5.2/manual.html#8.3

[2] http://www.lua.org/manual/5.3/manual.html#8.3

BugFix@AutoIt

Apr 10, 2021, 4:30:02 AM4/10/21
to scite-interest
I would like to raise the issue again. Even with SciTE 5.0 there is still no possibility to load dll files with require. Is there a change planned here or is there a workaround?

Neil Hodgson

Apr 10, 2021, 10:44:14 PM4/10/21
to scite-interest
'BugFix@AutoIt’:

I would like to raise the issue again. Even with SciTE 5.0 there is still no possibility to load dll files with require. Is there a change planned here or is there a workaround?

   I am not planning to work on this area. There are just too many other issues that appear higher priority to me.

   Neil