Tab size cannot be set smaller than 4?

BugFix@AutoIt

Feb 14, 2022, 6:24:53 AM2/14/22
to scite-interest
I have tested the following setting in SciTEUser.properties:
use.tabs.$(file.pattern.ext)=0
tab.size.$(file.pattern.ext)=2

But the number of characters inserted is 4.
Then I used
tabsize=2
instead of tab.size.$(file.pattern.ext). But again with the same result.

I have adjusted the affected indent properties in the same way. After each changed setting, I restarted SciTE.

Is it not possible to use a smaller value than 4?

Mitchell

Feb 14, 2022, 8:38:40 AM2/14/22
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Use the "indent.size" property. It's the number of spaces in one level of indentation. "tab.size" is the number of spaces represented by a tab character.

Cheers,
Mitchell

BugFix@AutoIt

Feb 14, 2022, 8:56:34 AM2/14/22
to scite-interest
This has no effect when using the Tab key, I had already mentioned it in advance:
" I have adjusted the affected indent properties in the same way."

Mitchell

Feb 14, 2022, 9:04:36 AM2/14/22
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 05:56:34 -0800 (PST)
"'BugFix@AutoIt' via scite-interest" <scite-i...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> This has no effect when using the Tab key, I had already mentioned it in
> advance:
> " I have adjusted the affected indent properties in the same way."

Sorry I overlooked that. Try using "indent.size=2" along with "tab.size=2". In my testing, both are needed. Setting one or the other does not produce the desired result.

Cheers,
Mitchell

BugFix@AutoIt

Feb 14, 2022, 9:28:46 AM2/14/22
to scite-interest
OK, it works.
It was my mistake: The problem arose in another place. A *.properties included with import had overwritten the value again.

But thanks for your efforts.