Move selected lines up|down

Jérôme LAFORGE

May 21, 2011, 4:17:16 PM5/21/11
to scite-interest
Hello,
I want to know whether the functionality of "move selected lines up|
down" is interested enough for you to be included directly to SciTE.
I know this feature is already implemented by the script from scite-
ru.
This feature has been included recently into scintilla. So it can be
more easily activated into SciTE.

Jérôme
Ps : I have already proposed some patches :
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3238249&group_id=2439&atid=352439

steve donovan

May 22, 2011, 3:33:11 AM5/22/11
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Jérôme LAFORGE
<jerome....@gmail.com> wrote:
> down" is interested enough for you to be included directly to SciTE.
> I know this feature is already implemented by the script from scite-
> ru.

So the question is whether this is generally useful enough to be
included directly in SciTE; if it can be done with a script, surely
this is good enough?

steve d.

Philippe Lhoste

May 22, 2011, 4:40:59 AM5/22/11
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
On 21/05/2011 22:17, J�r�me LAFORGE wrote:
> Hello,
> I want to know whether the functionality of "move selected lines up|
> down" is interested enough for you to be included directly to SciTE.
> I know this feature is already implemented by the script from scite-
> ru.
> This feature has been included recently into scintilla. So it can be
> more easily activated into SciTE.

I suppose you refers to the following line in the changelog of 2.26:

Selected lines can be moved up or down together. Feature #3304850.

Have you read the feature request?
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3304850&group_id=2439&atid=352439

I have:

<<
Add MoveSelection[Up|Down] - ID: 3304850

Attached should be a Mercurial binary bundle of my 3 patches that
implement the keyboard equivalent of drag-and-drop, allowing the user to
move the current line (or selection of lines) up or down one line using
a keyboard shortcut. I've been craving this feature for so long, I
thought I would add it for you. :)

I tested with SciTE by adding the following to user.shortcuts,
effectively binding Alt+Up to MoveSelectionUp and Alt+Down to
MoveSelectionDown:

Alt+Up|2620|\
Alt+Down|2621|

[...]

Looks like it answer your request already...

--
Philippe Lhoste
-- (near) Paris -- France

steve donovan

May 22, 2011, 4:49:48 AM5/22/11
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 10:40 AM, Philippe Lhoste <Phi...@gmx.net> wrote:
> current line (or selection of lines) up or down one line using a keyboard
> shortcut. I've been craving this feature for so long, I thought I would add
> it for you. :)

Now that you have described it, I find myself craving this feature as well ;)

A very keyboard-friendly way of editing!

steve d.

Jérôme LAFORGE

May 22, 2011, 6:14:47 AM5/22/11
to scite-interest