Finding results

chris.d...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2021, 9:19:27 AM2/24/21
to scite-interest
Hi,

I've got 2 questions:

- Is there a way to know how many matches have been found? For replacements, the number of replacements can be retrieved with $(Replacements), but I cannot find an equal parameter for the number of found matches...

- When searching in multiple files, is it possible to group the results per file instead of repeating each file with another line number?

Thx

Neil Hodgson

Feb 24, 2021, 11:19:27 PM2/24/21
to scite-interest
chris.d:

> - Is there a way to know how many matches have been found?

No.

> - When searching in multiple files, is it possible to group the results per file instead of repeating each file with another line number?

You can implement a command line tool as “find.command” that formats output as you wish. Then include the paths on each match but make that style invisible:
style.errorlist.2=notvisible

Neil