Find in files redirect

chris.d...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2021, 4:27:25 AM1/13/21
to scite-interest
Hello,

Is it possible to redirect the 'find in files' functionality to a seperate new file instead of the output pane?

I'm asking because it would be easier to search inside a file if you have a large number of results.

Thanks

Neil Hodgson

Jan 13, 2021, 6:01:35 PM1/13/21
to scite-interest
chris.d:

> Is it possible to redirect the 'find in files' functionality to a seperate new file instead of the output pane?

The built-in ‘find in files’ does not support file output.

Find in Files can be changed to perform arbitrary command line tools by setting the find.command property and related properties.

Neil

chris.d...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2021, 5:00:48 AM1/14/21
to scite-interest
Thanks, Neil.

One more question, I'm now using a powershell script, but is it possible to highlight the file/path in a color in the output pane? How do I do that exactly?

Greetings

Neil Hodgson

Jan 15, 2021, 7:48:51 AM1/15/21
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
chris.d:

> One more question, I'm now using a powershell script, but is it possible to highlight the file/path in a color in the output pane? How do I do that exactly?

The ‘errorlist’ lexer understands the format used by gcc:

Neil