qextscintilla.h

rol...@logikalsolutions.com

May 18, 2021, 7:56:16 PM5/18/21
to scite-interest
All,

It's okay if you want to laugh. I knew better than go down this road and I did it anyway. If I had a Ubuntu 14.04 VM still running I might have been able to scratch this itch without much effort, but now it is annoying.

Wanted to kick the tires on CUTE for no other reason than to see how yet another editor used Scintilla.

I know! 2013 was its last update and I should have just left well enough alone. In a Ubuntu 16.04 LTS VM the only thing, or more accurately, the current thing configure.sh cannot find is qextscintilla.h. There seems to be an awful lot of scripts looking for that file.

Can someone point me to a thumbnail history of what happened to that file? I assume there was some major change in Scintilla or the QtScintilla some time after 2013?

I hate it when really pointless things trap my attention, but that is where I'm at right now.

If there is just a debian package I need and don't know the name of, it would be great if someone knows it. I've installed:
libqscintiall2-dev
libqt5scintiall2-dev
pyqt5.qsci-dev

I even cloned the current scintilla via Mercurial.

A search of Ubuntu Packages provides nadda as well.

It might not go back far enough though.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Neil Hodgson

May 19, 2021, 7:00:37 PM5/19/21
to scite-interest
rol…@logikalsolutions.com:

> ... the current thing configure.sh cannot find is qextscintilla.h. There seems to be an awful lot of scripts looking for that file.
>
> Can someone point me to a thumbnail history of what happened to that file? I assume there was some major change in Scintilla or the QtScintilla some time after 2013?

There are multiple Scintilla on Qt projects. qextscintilla.h seems to be part of Riverbank’s QScintilla2 project. It was never part of Scintilla as distributed from scintilla.org.

You could ask on the QScintilla forum.
https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/qscintilla/

Neil

rol...@logikalsolutions.com

May 19, 2021, 7:36:02 PM5/19/21
to scite-interest
Thanks,

I spent the day installing older and older Ubuntu versions in VMs. I got down to Ubuntu 8.04 LTS and will probably write a blog post on logikalblog.com about it.

I couldn't find an old enough QScintilla in the repos to make things work.

I've just got to learn, some things aren't meant to be looked at. I could have read the code and tried to force it through Doxygen to see if I could get a chart generated, but I wanted to "see" it first.

Picked a bad day to give up drinkin' I guess.

Thanks again.

I might try asking there. A smart man would just drop it now, but I'm not often accused of being a smart man. <Grin>