markdown.properties

DiegoJArg

Nov 17, 2022, 6:57:56 PM11/17/22
to scite-interest
Hello all,
I recently acostumed to use a lot markdown as lightweight rich notepad.

I recently accustomed to use markdown for mostly anything as lightweight writing method and avoid using Word Processors. Currently use Rstudio with Rmarkdown and/or Quarto, and found that SciTE could do it lighter.

Using wscite32_531 I did some modifications to the styling that I want to share:

1. This fixes that markdown files were not listed under All sources* filter of the open-dialog.
```
file.patterns.markdown=*.md;*.markdown;*.Rmd;*.Qmd
*source.patterns.markdown=$(file.patterns.markdown);
```

2. Code blocks werent fullline backgrounded, then I added ",eolfilled"
```
style.markdown.20=back:#EEEEEE,fore:#000088,$(font.monospace),eolfilled
style.markdown.21=back:#EEEEEE,fore:#000088,$(font.monospace),eolfilled
```

3. I honestly couldn't make it to work for headers with ####, the backgorund dies in the characters and eolfilled has no effect.
¿any tips?

4. If quarto is installed, it is very easy to convert into html or docx
```
if PLAT_WIN
command.go.$(file.patterns.markdown)="file://$(FilePath).html"
    command.go.subsystem.$(file.patterns.markdown)=2

command.name.1.$(file.patterns.markdown)=Render to .html
command.1.$(file.patterns.markdown)=quarto render "$(FileNameExt)" --to html

command.name.2.$(file.patterns.markdown)=Render to .docx
command.2.$(file.patterns.markdown)=quarto render "$(FileNameExt)" --to docx
```
However, the GO command don't work because quarto produces a myquartofile.html and this call is runing as myquartofile.qmd.html.
¿any tips?

5. Is it possible to add colored borders into code blocks?

6. I would also like to ask if the feature of displaying plot-images below some block of code like in R-notebooks and Jupyter-notebooks is aimed or possible with scintilla.

Thank you and kind regards
Diego

Neil Hodgson

Nov 19, 2022, 4:43:22 PM11/19/22
to scite-interest
Diego:

1. This fixes that markdown files were not listed under All sources* filter of the open-dialog.
```
file.patterns.markdown=*.md;*.markdown;*.Rmd;*.Qmd

Rmd is a narrow intersection: R and Markdown so would be better added locally by people that use those tools. Qmd is even smaller.

*source.patterns.markdown=$(file.patterns.markdown);

OK.

2. Code blocks werent fullline backgrounded, then I added ",eolfilled"
style.markdown.20=back:#EEEEEE,fore:#000088,$(font.monospace),eolfilled
style.markdown.21=back:#EEEEEE,fore:#000088,$(font.monospace),eolfilled

Some people like this effect but others don't.

3. I honestly couldn't make it to work for headers with ####, the backgorund dies in the characters and eolfilled has no effect.
¿any tips?

command.go.$(file.patterns.markdown)="file://$(FilePath).html"
    command.go.subsystem.$(file.patterns.markdown)=2

However, the GO command don't work because quarto produces a myquartofile.html and this call is runing as myquartofile.qmd.html.
¿any tips?

file://$(FileDir)\$(FileName).qmd.html

5. Is it possible to add colored borders into code blocks?

Its unclear what this should look like. Probably not.

6. I would also like to ask if the feature of displaying plot-images below some block of code like in R-notebooks and Jupyter-notebooks is aimed or possible with scintilla.

Not possible.

Neil