[GSOC 2018][RubyPlot-GR][25 July 2018] Began code documentation, wrote further specs and figured out way to implement subplots

Pranav Garg

Jul 25, 2018, 1:44:36 PM7/25/18
to Sameer Deshmukh, Prasun Anand, John Woods, Pjotr Prins, Arafat Khan, SciRuby Mailing List
Greetings everyone,
I worked towards documentation of the code in YARD.
Seeing the entire structure of the project led to some restructuring of modules.
I have also written some new specs and pushed it to my and rubyplot repo.

I also figured out how to work on subplots in GR Framework.

Now the challenge lies in integrating that with Rubyplot. Each subplot needs to have its own state which should be mutable at any time. I am thinking of making everything in a figure as a subplot. When user does not define a subplot it will be a subplot (1,1,1).

From tomorrow I will work on figuring out the implementation for subplots and implementing it (along with constant documentation) after which I will focus on Axes.

Regards
PG

https://github.com/pgtgrly/GRruby-extension/commit/f5d6a24269367dae8bdf79e64fdd55755eef1473 (I added yarndocs and had to remove them please view the last few additions in this commit)