Specifying audio format on SciPy

Thomas Kim

Jun 10, 2019, 5:15:47 PM6/10/19
to SciPy-user
Hello,

I have been using SciPy to do a butterworth pass on selected audio files-- the processing speed is amazing. My one hang up is that it seems SciPy does not allow me to choose the codec format of the output file: https://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.io.wavfile.write.html . By any chance is there a way for me to specify the format? My original file was in PCM S16 LE Codec at 16 bitz per sample. The output file is a 64bit float LE at 64 bits per sample. We are concerned that the change in formatting will introduce differences to the sound not of design. Thanks for reading and we would appreciate any insights!