Re: Issue 37 in scion-lib: Cannot handle multiple concurrent projects

scio...@googlecode.com

Nov 2, 2009, 2:39:07 PM11/2/09
to scion-l...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Labels: -Priority-Medium Priority-High

Comment #1 on issue 37 by nominolo: Cannot handle multiple concurrent
projects
http://code.google.com/p/scion-lib/issues/detail?id=37

This is high on my priority list. Do you have any suggestions about what
to do if a
file is part of multiple open projects?

E.g., Scion has a server and a library, and the server includes most if not
all files
that are part of the library. I believe there are more projects out there
with this
kind of structure.

http://code.google.com/hosting/settings

scio...@googlecode.com

Nov 3, 2009, 12:19:44 AM11/3/09
to scion-l...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 37 by mreza101: Cannot handle multiple concurrent
projects
http://code.google.com/p/scion-lib/issues/detail?id=37

I see the same thing in Eclipse. I wonder if you have already found a
solution for the
problem.

Unfortunately, I don't understand very well how scion works, but would it
be possible
to allow scion to operate in two different modes and have a parameter that
controls
this?

scio...@googlecode.com

Oct 4, 2010, 2:34:05 AM10/4/10
to scion-l...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 37 by bos31337: Cannot handle multiple concurrent
projects
http://code.google.com/p/scion-lib/issues/detail?id=37

The easiest way around the "file is part of multiple projects" issue would
be "don't support it": split scion into two cabal projects, and have the
executable depend on the library. This would also frankly make the code
easier to understand, and faster to compile :-)

However, I don't really know what to do to fix the real problem. Does the
server support multiple sessions? Do we want to run multiple servers, with
one session per Cabal project?