Type completion running into "Unexpected reply" errors.

Ryan N

Aug 16, 2011, 3:54:57 PM8/16/11
to scion-lib-devel
Hello,

I'm new to scion and trying to get it set up. Is there a more stable
branch I should be using rather than github/master?

After I circumvent this issue (https://github.com/nominolo/scion/
issues/10) by calling scion-load directly in emacs-lisp, my file loads
successfully. But then if I try to check the type at the point I get
this error:

Error in process filter: (error Unexpected reply: -1 (:error
"ParseError: Unknown server command: thing-at-point"))

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Ryan

Thomas Schilling

Aug 17, 2011, 8:38:07 AM8/17/11
to scion-l...@googlegroups.com
Yep, "thing-at-point" is currently disabled. It will be re-added in
the next release (i.e., the first 0.3.* release).

Ryan Newton

Aug 17, 2011, 11:57:56 AM8/17/11
to scion-l...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.  I'll try it in the next release.

Btw, kudos on getting it to work for local bindings!  That was my main reason for checking it out.  Leksah for example uses ghci (not the GHC API) and only gives you top level types.