reset indicators?

seasoned_geek

Mar 10, 2024, 5:27:42 PMMar 10
to scintilla-interest
All,

I've been poking at the doc and can't seem to find how to reset indicators to default. For Element we have

RESETELEMENTCOLOUR(int elment)

for style we have

STYLERESETDEFAULT
STYLECLEARALL

but I don't see anything to spin back indicators.

Use case: When changing themes, if for some reason the new theme does not set one or more indicators I want it to use the baseline default (most probably what was in effect when someone created the theme) instead of "whatever got left over from the last theme."

If I'm missing something obvious in the documentation, please point it out.

Thanks,

Neil Hodgson

Mar 10, 2024, 6:48:18 PMMar 10
to Scintilla mailing list
seasoned_geek:

> RESETELEMENTCOLOUR(int elment)
>
> for style we have
>
> STYLERESETDEFAULT
> STYLECLEARALL
>
> but I don't see anything to spin back indicators.

There are no APIs to return most settings to their default. If you want to save previous values then first call the 'get' API and save that somewhere.

Element colours are overrides, not base settings. RESETELEMENTCOLOUR does not change the element colour back to a default. It sets the element colour to a special null value that leads to it not affecting anything so other settings or environmental values show through.

Neil