Stable Scintilla 5.1.0 released

Neil Hodgson

Jun 23, 2021, 3:18:07 AM6/23/21
to Scintilla mailing list
Scintilla 5.1.0 is now available from the scintilla.org web site.

Scintilla 5.1.0 is the first stable release in the 5.x series. Interfaces with lexers and between platform-independent code and platform layers should remain compatible through 5.x releases.

The type-safe C++ binding of Scintilla's API has been augmented with the ScintillaCall module. These are defined in include/ScintillaCall.h and implemented in call/ScintillaCall.cxx. ScintillaCall throws Scintilla::Failure exceptions when a call fails.

SCI_GETDIRECTSTATUSFUNCTION returns a function similar to SCI_GETDIRECTFUNCTION but this function includes a parameter to retrieve the status so extra SCI_GETSTATUS calls are not needed.

Representations can have an appearance (traditional blob or plain text) and a colour defined.

SCI_PASTERECTANGULAR inserts text like a rectangular paste.

Bug fixed with SCI_GETLASTCHILD.

A C++17 compiler is required to build Scintilla. Microsoft Visual C++ 2019, GCC 7.3, Clang 6.0, Xcode 9.2 Clang or newer will work. Some slightly older compilers may still work.

A list of changes is available on the history page.
http://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaHistory.html

Scintilla uses Mercurial (Hg) for source code control. The repository can be cloned with
hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/scintilla/code scintilla

Thanks to the contributors of code and documentation and to the testers.

Neil

Mitchell

Jun 23, 2021, 8:50:08 AM6/23/21
to scintilla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil,

Congratulations on the stable release!

A note about SCI_PASTERECTANGULAR: we actually changed it to SCI_REPLACERECTANGULAR. It's a minor detail.

Cheers,
Mitchell
> --

Cheers,
Mitchell

Neil Hodgson

Jun 23, 2021, 9:23:51 AM6/23/21
to Scintilla mailing list
Mitchell:

> A note about SCI_PASTERECTANGULAR: we actually changed it to SCI_REPLACERECTANGULAR. It's a minor detail.

Updated.

Neil