Enhancing fold display text with tooltip and mouse click support

Markus Nißl

Jul 22, 2022, 10:24:37 AM7/22/22
to scintilla-interest
Hello!

I like the concept of boxed textual tags at the right hand side of folded lines.

I'm missing two functionalities with this feature:
  • Showing a tooltip when the mouse hovers over the fold display text.
  • Expanding the contracted lines by (double) clicking on the fold display text.
I guess both features would be rather simple to add to Scintilla given the presence of the SCNotification structure (to find out whether the mouse is over the fold display text) and the automatic fold behaviour of the fold nodes in the margin.

Is this something an experienced Scintilla developer is willing to add?

Markus

Neil Hodgson

Jul 22, 2022, 7:32:10 PM7/22/22
to Scintilla mailing list
Markus Nißl:

> • Showing a tooltip when the mouse hovers over the fold display text.
> • Expanding the contracted lines by (double) clicking on the fold display text.

Some additional mouse events for visible features like fold display text and annotations would be useful for many projects.

Scintilla uses the term 'dwell' for 'hover' but current dwell events are in terms of being over a position in text so ignore fold display text. There might be a dwell start for the end of the line if the mouse is close enough.

https://scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc.html#SCN_DWELLSTART

Neil