Using FindInText and/or SearchInTaget with scintilla built using own regex engine.

ekopa...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2021, 11:04:11 AM7/20/21
to scintilla-interest
I had assumed that if I build Scintilla with an alternate regex engine that plugins loaded from my app using either SearchInTarget or FindInText methods, with the regex flag set of course, would use my engine, correct?

Thanks
Eren

Neil Hodgson

Jul 20, 2021, 5:49:07 PM7/20/21
to Scintilla mailing list
Eren:

> I had assumed that if I build Scintilla with an alternate regex engine that plugins loaded from my app using either SearchInTarget or FindInText methods, with the regex flag set of course, would use my engine, correct?

That’s the intention. Its not part of the normal unit tests so it could have decayed. You should also ensure the C++11 regex flag is off - I can’t recall the priority.

Neil