How to start with Scintilla?

Andy

Jun 9, 2016, 11:37:30 AM6/9/16
to scintilla-interest
I have download scintilla366.zip - 1.5 MB. It has many subdirs. How to write simple program (especially with wxWidgets) which will use Scintilla component?

Roberto Perpuly

Jun 9, 2016, 4:54:50 PM6/9/16
to scintilla-interest
On Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 8:37:30 AM UTC-7, Andy wrote:
> I have download scintilla366.zip - 1.5 MB. It has many subdirs. How to write simple program (especially with wxWidgets) which will use Scintilla component?

Andy,
wxWidgets already bundles scintilla into a widget. wxWidgets uses scintilla in its wxStyledTextCtrl. The wxWidgets code also has a basic sample that uses scintilla.

See http://docs.wxwidgets.org/stable/classwx_styled_text_ctrl.html

Hope this helps,

Roberto