Version.txt file content

Mike Lischke

May 16, 2018, 2:59:53 AM5/16/18
to scintilla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil,

May I ask for a favor? The version.txt file contains the current version number, however not in the semantic version format, but as a single big number. Would you please consider changing this to a normal (semantic) version with major, minor and build numbers separated by dots? That would make our cmake setup simpler.

Thank you,

Mike
--
www.soft-gems.net

Mike Lischke

May 16, 2018, 3:11:00 AM5/16/18
to Mike Lischke, scintilla...@googlegroups.com

> May I ask for a favor? The version.txt file contains the current version number, however not in the semantic version format, but as a single big number. Would you please consider changing this to a normal (semantic) version with major, minor and build numbers separated by dots? That would make our cmake setup simpler.

I just found the win32/ScintRes.rc file, which is enough for my task. Please ignore my request (or still change the number, as you wish).

Thanks,

Mike
--
www.soft-gems.net

Neil Hodgson

May 16, 2018, 5:21:04 AM5/16/18
to scintilla...@googlegroups.com
Mike Lischke:

> I just found the win32/ScintRes.rc file, which is enough for my task. Please ignore my request (or still change the number, as you wish).

Changing the format would break downstream tools. Even in bash its pretty easy to change format:

$ sed -e "s/\(.\)\(.\)\(.\)/\1.\2.\3/" < ~/merc/scintilla/version.txt
4.0.5

Neil