Public SCIMMA telecon Tuesday 15th September: Advancing Science with Accelerated Machine Learning

Adam Brazier

Sep 14, 2020, 6:29:42 PM9/14/20
to scimma
Hi all

As promised, another public SCIMMA telecon tomorrow (Tuesday 15th September, 3pm Eastern, 2pm Central, 1pm Mountain, noon Pacific). We will hear from another NSF HDR-funded MMA project with presentations from Eliu Huerta (NCSA, UIUC) and Dylan Sheldon Rankin (MIT)

Title: Advancing Science with Accelerated Machine Learning

Abstract: We present recent advances of our interdisciplinary and multi-institutional project to harness machine learning, extreme scale computing, and scientific visualization to address computational grand challenges in big-data physics experiments. We summarize outcomes of our AI educational program at the interface of academia and industry, discuss our vision towards the creation of a Harnessing the Data Revolution Institute and present the first realization of both an FPGA and GPU based Machine Learning heterogeneous computing workflow for real-time processing of LHC collisions. We comment on the extensibility and feasability of this design and present new results on ML-based neutrino reconstruction.

Pw: MMAtalk

See you tomorrow!

Adam Brazier for SCIMMA