SCiMMA web conference, Tue 13th October 2020 at 12:00 PDT

Adam Brazier

Oct 8, 2020, 9:23:20 AM10/8/20
to scimma
We invite you to join a public zoom conference for the SCIMMA project, on Tuesday 13th October 2020 at 12:-13:00 PDT (15:00-16:00 EDT).

This week, we will hear from Gautham Narayan and Joaquin Viera about how their ANTARES-based system and how it can integrate with SCIMMA.

As the cyberinfrastructure for MMA has developed, we have marshal systems that coordinate survey teams, broker systems that serve and filter alerts streams from several surveys, and TOMs systems to coordinate follow-up requested by the community. While this ecosystem enables a lot of exciting science, there is a case for integrating them tightly, together with a science platform and archival data from several existing surveys – to build a “data lake” for multi-messenger astrophysics. Such a system would let you search for and filter interesting objects from live-alert streams, look for similar sources in historic data, request forced photometry from any overlapping pre-explosion images to gain insights into the progenitor system, schedule follow-up, and share privileged observations with access management amongst others. At the Center for Astrophysical Surveys at UIUC/NCSA,  we are designing a system that combines the capabilities of the ANTARES broker, together with a science platform built for the Dark Energy Survey and AEON integration. SCiMMA is a natural home for this project, and we’d like to share our vision, collect your feedback, and hopefully start working in earnest with you on building this data lake.

The Zoom connection is

Password: MMAtalk

Adam Brazier

Oct 13, 2020, 9:58:24 AM10/13/20
to scimma
A reminder of our public web conference later today